Why use specialized ruminant feed pellet production line?
With the continuous development of the breeding industry, the feeding technology for ruminants is also constantly improving. The digestion and utilization of feed in ruminants are different from those in monogastric animals. The ruminant will return the semi digested food in the stomach to the mouth for chewing again, and then digest and absorb it. Ruminant feed can protect the feed from being degraded by microorganisms in the stomach of ruminants to the greatest extent, resulting in nutrient waste.
The traditional ruminant feed pellet production line has poor sterilization effect when used, which reduces the quality standard of ruminant feed production and the use efficiency of ruminant feed to a certain extent.
Specially prepare different feeds according to different requirements of ruminants. During preparation, feed raw materials will be crushed and fully mixed in the blender according to a certain proportion according to the nutritional needs of ruminants, and extruded into a certain size particle shape with a pellet feed machine. The pellet feed is nutritious and can be directly fed to cattle and sheep. Pellet feed is usually cylindrical. Pellet feed for cattle is 4-5mm in diameter and 10-15mm in length. Pellet feed for sheep is 2-3mm in diameter and 8-10mm in length. The loss of nutrients shall be minimized during processing.
At present, pellet feed for raising pigs and chickens has basically become the industry norm. However, few people in the sheep industry use pellet feed for raising sheep, which is still dominated by powdered feed. This is not to say that pellet feed is not suitable for raising sheep. On the contrary, if it can be reasonably matched according to different production needs of sheep and in combination with local feed resources, it will be beneficial to produce pellet feed for raising sheep. What are the benefits of raising cattle and sheep with pellet feed?
- Save labor. Prepare powder feed to raise sheep. Generally, one feeder can only raise 80-100 sheep at most. However, the use of pellet feed can greatly save the time for batching and the difficulty of feeding. One feeder can raise 200-300 sheep at most, and the working efficiency can be improved several times.
- Save feed. When feeding sheep with powdered feed, it is easy to scatter, and sheep are prone to be picky eaters. Only fine fodder and fodder with good palatability are taken, and some straw fodder with poor palatability will be left. After the pellet feed is changed, the scattering will be reduced, and the sheep can not be picky, so the feed utilization rate will be greatly improved.
- Good palatability. After processing, the feed can increase the flavor and palatability, which is of great help to improve the intake of sheep.
- Promote growth. The pellet feed has comprehensive nutrition, smooth surface, deep ripening and high hardness. Sheep like it very much, chew it well, and the feed utilization rate is high, which can promote the growth and development of sheep.
- Long storage time. The water content of powdered feed is about 15%, and it is easy to absorb moisture, agglomerate and deteriorate, so it is difficult to store it. Some water will be lost when powdered feed is processed into pellet feed. The moisture content of processed pellet feed is about 13%. It will not deteriorate for 5-6 months under good storage conditions, which is 2-3 months longer than powdered feed.
There are so many benefits of raising sheep with pellet feed, but some sheep farmers still avoid it, mainly because the processing cost of pellet feed is too high. At present, there is no feed manufacturer to produce full price pellet feed for sheep, and sheep farmers must purchase pellet feed processing equipment by themselves. Large pellet feed processing equipment is expensive and obviously not suitable for small and medium-sized sheep farmers. However, small pellet feed processing equipment is not only slow in processing but also has problems every three days.
For a sheep farm on a large scale, it is good to feed sheep with pellet feed. The labor cost saved in one year can purchase a large pellet feed processing equipment. In addition to meeting their own needs, they can also provide small and medium-sized sheep farmers around with processed feed or processed finished pellet feed for sale.
In today’s breeding situation, if the cost of feed is too high and the effect is not obvious, you will find that you have not earned a penny or even lost money in a breeding cycle. Therefore, the slightly larger farmers have begun to change their minds and prepare their own cattle feed.
Some breeding friends do not have the awareness of reasonable proportion of various feed materials. It is wrong to just mix the proportions of various raw materials according to your own ideas. Because if the proportion of various feed raw materials cannot be reasonably proportioned, some raw materials will be consumed too much and some raw materials will be consumed too little, which will cause waste of raw materials.
In order to reasonably mix cattle feed, we need a proper formula. The formula can reasonably allocate various feed materials and balance the nutritional structure. It can also make full use of the existing local raw materials to adjust the feed structure, so as to save the breeding cost.
RICHI customized ruminant feed pellet production line can production 4-12mm different size and differnet raw material ruminant feed. Welcome to Visit RICHI company.